5 Jan 2014

ASOS. Is it a love affair to last?

Free advertising, whoooops. I rant and rave about this place so much that I really do think they should pay me. 

ASOS, arguably one of the largest online retailers of designer and high street brands that you will come across. It is only fourteen years old but I can guarantee, if you like fashion, you like ASOS. And even if you don't, sorry, wait... what am I saying? 

When it comes to ASOS... I am, admittedly, a serial shopper. I see the word *sale* or 'limited time discount code' and I'm off! Yet let's face it, an ASOS sale is never really a sale. However, it is hard to see what could go wrong. Free delivery regardless of how little you can afford to spend and usually OK customer service. Except when they offer you 10% discount... which you already get.
I have recently however, received one, very dirty package... with no reasoning, containing a faulty item. Next to my order from Boux Avenue, it was not very impressive, at all! I cannot be bothered with the hassle, and I think I'd rather have my money right now! Additionally I have noticed is that ASOS are also very slow at acknowledging your returned items. Over the Christmas period I was left waiting for over two weeks, not great when I'd spent so much on presents already!

As for the range of items, ASOS are a solid 9/10, I just wish their service was a bit better.

My recent hoard. Too much to spend the day after Christmas... and I didn't stop there. Oops? Yes, oops. Hands up if you too have succumbed to the ASOS sale. I know you're out there. 



Top tips:
  • Not got much to spend on clothes this month? Your saved basket is your best friend. "Low in stock" = Time to make that purchase! (Although I do wonder if this is always genuine hmmm.)
  • A reduced River Island skirt may just be a whole £8.00 cheaper in the sale at where do you wonder... the River Island site. 
  • A 30% off sale is always followed by, what do you know, a 50% off sale! Especially in January. 
  • UNIdays; another essential companion. Free to sign up, 10% off is yours.
  • The marketplace? Don't waste your time. 

K x

5 comments:

  1. These tips seem so obvious now you've pointed them out! Love this post x

    http://justlittlelucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASOS is super addicting- I've found everything I've needed there recently. Long live ASOS! Also, I think the "low in stock" thing is weird too...every time I rush to buy something that says "low in stock" or even "out of the stock", the very next day, they have it available again. Something's fishy, but I don't care, I love everything else about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh yeah asos can be a pain sometimes, although they're exclusive collections are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a bit of ASOS but do find them hit and miss a bit. V glad I signed up for the permier deal though, so worth it!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Follow the link to accept and answer your 11 questions :)
    http://basicallykellyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete